IST-Africa Week 2017
8-11 May 2017, Windhoek, Namibia
Hosted by the government of Namibia through the National Commission on Research, Science and Technology, supported by the European Commission and African Union Commission, and technically co-sponsored by IEEE Society on Social Implications of Technology (SSIT), IEEE Region 8 and IEEE South Africa Section, IST-Africa Week 2017 is the twelfth in an annual series of ministerial level technology research and innovation conferences.
Core thematic areas for IST-Africa 2017 include:
- mHealth, eHealth and health information systems
- Technology-enhanced learning and eskills
- mAgriculture/eAgriculture and environmental sustainability
- eInfrastructures and National Research and Education Networks (NREN)
- Next generation computing: big data, cloud computing, future internet, Internet of Things
- eGovernment-services to citizens and business
- Content technologies: languages; digital preservation
- Cyber security, privacy and trust
- Collaborative open innovation and ICT-enabled entrepreneurship (including social entrepreneurship)
- Sustainable development including ICT4D
- Societal implications of technology
For more information, please visit our website.
Follow IST-Africa on Twitter to get regular updates.
For further information, please email Secretariat@IST-Africa.org.