T&S Magazine, March 2015
Social and Economic Sustainability.
Vol. 34, No. 1
As we strive to mainstream alternate energy sources and make them accessible in resource poor communities , how do we think beyond the technological and economic dimensions and ensure respect for social, political, and environmental imperatives?
Free Online Content
- Assessing Factory-Grown Cultured Meat Posted in: Environment, Human Impacts, Magazine Articles - Figure 1. Designers Erik Addison, Luke Morey, and Grant Parrinello (not affiliated with this research) developed a marketing campaign for a Read More
- Lessons from the Sea Posted in: Human Impacts, Magazine Articles - Through wearables, bearables, and the Internet of Things, my neighbor with diabetes is eating healthier and losing weight; he is Read More
- Social and Economic Sustainability Posted in: Editorial & Opinion, Magazine Articles, Societal Impact - Back in 1997, Katina would use International Telecommunications Union (ITU) estimates of incoming and outgoing voice and data tele-traffic tables Read More
- Social Implications of Biometric Registration: A Database Intended for Every Citizen in India Posted in: Editorial & Opinion, Magazine Articles, Privacy & Security - Kannanshanmugam, Shanmugamstudio, Kollam/Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported The Aadhaar (Unique Identity) project has become the bane of average Indians, Read More
- Are Social Media Making Us Stupid? Posted in: Editorial & Opinion, Human Impacts, Magazine Articles - Contrarian computer scientist Jaron Lanier writes, “If you observe humans using computer programs that are designated to be “smart,” you Read More
- We Are Becoming Enslaved by Our Technology – Ruminations on the IQ2 Debate Posted in: Editorial & Opinion, Human Impacts - At the IQ2 Debate, asking, are we becoming enslaved by technology? , the negative side (the side that was cheerleading Read More
- The Circle Posted in: Book Reviews, Privacy & Security - The Circle. By Dave Eggers. Knopf, 2013. Reviewed by Scott D. Eldridge. Have you taken the plunge and purchased one Read More
- SSIT Past and Future Posted in: Ethics, Magazine Articles, President's Message - The year 1962 saw the publication of at least three important works related to technology and society. Rachel Carson, a Read More
Martin J. Murillo, Juan A. Paco, and David Wright
Miguel Edgar Morales Udaeta, Flavio Minoru Maruyama, Andre Luiz Veiga Gimenes, and Luiz Cláudio Ribeiro Galvão
Michael Koenigsmayr and Thomas Neubauer
Ali Zalzala, Vivienne Strettle, Stanley Chia, and Laura Zalzala
Carolyn S. Mattick, Jameson M. Wetmore, and Braden R. Allenby
Sally A. Applin and Michael D. Fischer
Mohamed Ahmed Mohandes
NOTE: Most IEEE Technology and Society Magazine columns and department articles are publicly accessible at no charge. Click on the title of any non-refereed article to read.
SSIT membership (subscription) is required to access refereed articles (marked with asterisk).